1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sneezy, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Sneezy

Sneezy New Egg

Feb 13, 2017
    Hello,
    I am a new member. I do not live on a farm and I do not raise chickens. I have a duck. I hatched ducks last year in my classroom and the last one that was hatched was born with some issues. I ended up imprinting on her (not intentionally) and now, 9 months later she runs the household. I have done a lot of research on ducks but if anyone has any wisdom or experiences they'd like to share I'd greatly appreciate it.
    She's doing very well now however there have been a few hiccups along the way. She's produced a couple underdeveloped eggs and last month after she molted she became very sick in the sense that she couldn't stand or walk or swim, she kept flipping onto her back and without her main wing feathers she couldn't get herself back up again.

Also, with regards to my username, her name is sneezy as she sneezes All The Time! Lol well at least it seems like it and she is a Rouen.
    Thanks!

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, sneezy, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Don't worry - you don't need to be a chicken owner to be welcome at BYC! Ducks are a whole lot of fun...but also a muddy challenge. Make sure you stop by the Ducks Forum here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks Lots of quacker keepers there that may be able to answer anyway questions you might have.
    Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!! [​IMG]

3. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  4. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and my warmest welcome to the flock! I am quite pleased you decided to join us, please pull up a chair and make yourself at home here! I hope you enjoy it here as much as I have! :frow

~Cuz

5. Sneezy

Sneezy New Egg

Feb 13, 2017

Thank you!

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Sneezy [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Very nice to meet you Sneezy (am I addressing the duck?) I would suggest you discuss her incident with the folks on the duck thread. Maybe she needs more niacin or???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by