Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by meandfowl, Feb 28, 2017.

1. meandfowl

meandfowl Out Of The Brooder

Feb 28, 2017
    Kalkaska Michigan
    Hello,
    I live in Northern Michigan on 20 acres,have 6 grown kids and 3 grandkids. Life is good.
    .My Chicken history is...A few yrs ago my husband wanted to get chickens for eggs. I was !00% against it,who wants those dirty,mean nasty things around just for eggs you can get at the store right ?.I have always had some kind of pet bird in the house so i do like bird just never liked chickens .Well he won when he brought home 6 little chicks thats all it took lol.The next yr I got 20 chicks and 6 ducks lol I loved having them around. Unfortunately we had to get rid of them do to having to move for work but now i'm back home and ready to start again. Right now I have 2 dogs 2 cats a parakeet,cockatiel and a quaker parrot And last week i got some new chicks 4 rr and 2 ee . I will also be ordering some meat chickens,Pekin ducks and thinking about trying turkeys.I am most definitely hooked.

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, meandfowl, and [​IMG]! Great to have you in our flock! I loved your story about your poultry transformation! They can be addicting, that's for sure!! And now you've even branched into other species - that's awesome! Here are some links you might enjoy: Go here and find the MI link if you want to chat with some local chicken folks:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you
    And here if you want to participate in forums about other poultry: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/66/other-backyard-poultry
    Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! Please make yourself at home here and enjoy yourself! :frow

~Cuz

1 person likes this.
  4. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Yep, you're definitely hooked and there's no going back now, lol. Enjoy!

1 person likes this.
  5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I knew the chicken spell would take you over - ha ha! Chicks are perfect for that. One look and you are hooked. [​IMG] Ducklings are real cute too.

1 person likes this.
  6. WoeiHaveChicken

WoeiHaveChicken Out Of The Brooder

Sep 7, 2016
    Atlanta, GA
    My Coop
    Welcome!

7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Yep, hook, line and sinker. Welcome to the flock!

1 person likes this.
  8. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under meandfowl [​IMG] Welcome!

Great introduction, thank you for the chuckle [​IMG]

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by