Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mansfield59, Mar 9, 2017.

1. mansfield59

mansfield59 Just Hatched

Mar 9, 2017
    Just signed up. I have 10 chickens 5 black austrolorps and 5 golden laced wyandotes 26 weeks old and all are laying eggs. 8 to 10 every day.

2. mansfield59

mansfield59 Just Hatched

Mar 9, 2017
    Just tried the Vicks to help stop picking works well only used a tiny bit . I did not put it on the skin just on surrounding feathers

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, mansfield, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Do you know the reason for the picking? Boredom, crowdedness? Those are the usual causes. Bluekote is also a product that is used if the skin is broken. Here's a link if you'd like to chat with some local poultry folks: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread
    Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!

4. KikisGirls

KikisGirls Be Happy! Read more. Premium Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
    Awesome!
    Welcome to BYC and fresh eggs!!

5. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello, and welcome to BYC!

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under mansfield59 [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

7. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Finding out the reason for the picking could prevent future occurrences, do you know why they are doing it?

8. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    [​IMG] So glad to have ya! It looks like you are starting out right! Nice breeds, and nice age!

9. micah wotring

micah wotring Overrun With Chickens

Apr 6, 2015
    WV boy here!
    Welcome to BYC! This is THE place to be for anything and everything poultry related...
    Whether you're looking for help, info, insight, poultry breeders, ideas, or just friends, you've come to the right place!

Anyway, great to have ya here!

Make it a great day!

[​IMG]
    ~MW

10. mansfield59

mansfield59 Just Hatched

Mar 9, 2017
    not sure why they are doing it but i have tried a lot of the remedies from this site and i do think im getting it under control

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by