Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by RedemptionFarm, Mar 9, 2017.

1. RedemptionFarm

RedemptionFarm Just Hatched

Mar 9, 2017
    Hi. I'm Heather and I may or may not have too many chickens! [​IMG] Right now we have 55 total: 24 layers and 31 Cornish rock.

2. PD-Riverman

PD-Riverman Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    Naw, that's not many at all. Last year I had 1200+ in 67 chicken pens with plans to add 4000 more---but plans changed. Have Fun!!

3. RedemptionFarm

Mar 9, 2017
    Wow! I feel much better now!!

4. RedemptionFarm

Mar 9, 2017
    Do you ever do meat birds?

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Heather, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined us! That's a lot of birds. But if you have the space and the time, I say go for it! Are they chicks or adults? You'll have a freezer of meat with those Cornish Rocks and a lot of eggs from the layers! You can visit your state thread in the link below if you'd like to chat with some "local" poultry folks: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread
    Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! [​IMG]

6. RedemptionFarm

Mar 9, 2017
    Thanks so much. I didn't know about the state thread. That should be helpful. My layers are all adults and given us plenty of eggs! The Cornish rocks are 2 weeks old and this is my first batch of them. I'm looking forward to yummy chicken in a few weeks that I know are hormone and GMO free!!

7. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Heather [​IMG] Welcome!

Is there such a thing as too many? [​IMG]

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

8. N F C

N F C just blowing in the wind Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hi Heather! You won't find anyone here telling you that you have too many chickens...we're all a bunch of enablers and encourage adding more!

9. RedemptionFarm

Mar 9, 2017
    That's so good to know because I'm about to buy more layers! [​IMG]

10. N F C

N F C just blowing in the wind Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Atta girl! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by