1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New member.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by lawsy, May 5, 2017.

1. lawsy

lawsy Just Hatched

May 5, 2017
    ENGLAND UK
    Thanks for adding me. Hello first time using a broody hen so i joined your forum. I have had hens now for a good seven years but now only have one lavender Peking left (thanks to Mr fox) as she was in her own house with run the others had a open top ranch (a coop in a large plot) but she thought she was human from the start we took her in when her owner bought two dogs now we have placed eggs under her which she is very happy to sit on so will be picking your brains as time goes on as never had chick before just point of lay so all new

2. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    [​IMG]
    So glad you joined us, please make yourself at home!

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! Sorry to hear about your fox attack, that really is such a shame :(

Good luck to your little Pekin though and I hope she has a good hatch. Our learning Center has some great articles to check out on broody hens and chicks ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Enjoy your time here in BYC :frow

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Sending good hatching vibes your way [​IMG][​IMG]

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
  6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under lawsy [​IMG] Welcome!

I am sorry to hear of your loss [​IMG]

I too have Pekins and have had a few hatches here .. I will never tire of watching a mumma hen raise her babies, it is adorable.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by