Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Wilson74, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Wilson74

Wilson74 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2017
    IMG_4138.JPG Hello everyone! A few months ago I finished my coop/run and purchased 5 golden comets from a friend in our Mennonite community. So far it's been awesome! I was looking around at posts here about plants and veggies for the chooks and it seems this is an active community with tons of knowledge! Happy healthy chickens is my goal and this seems the best place to find information. Here's a peek at my chickens in their secondary run scratching around. I have plans to section some of this area off and start planting some herbs and veggies. Looking for ideas!

2. KikisGirls

KikisGirls Be Happy! Read more. Premium Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    Keep in mind that what ever you plant they will "destroy" for you unless you block the plants off from them.
    Welcome to BYC!
    Here is a video you may wan't to watch to learn how to navigate this site.

Wilson74 likes this.
  3. Wilson74

Jun 20, 2017
    thank you for the reply and the video. I had some issues getting the introduction in the right thread. User error. I was thinking about making a temporary fence and sectioning off the area for 3-4 weeks to get some plants going and then start a new area the same way. I was told arugula grows quickly but can't seem to find good info on wether or not it's good for the hens

4. Welcome to BYC! Hope you enjoy yourself!

Wilson74 likes this.
  5. Wilson74

Jun 20, 2017
    Thanks! I'm excited to see SO MUCH information in one place!

KikisGirls likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by