Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by <3Barnys1983, Feb 14, 2018.

1. <3Barnys1983

<3Barnys1983 In the Brooder

Feb 14, 2018
    Vancouver Island Canada
    Hi everyone, I'm from Vancouver Island and just bought my first chickens. They are 5 weeks old now. 3 blue double laced barnevelders and 3 silverudd blue's. They were straight run chicks so I'm guessing at the moment we have 2 roos. Picking up 3 more juvenile pullets on Saturday hopefully. 2 standard and one silverudd.
    We just built a coop over the long weekend and have to build a run hopefully this weekend. Thanks. 20180211_204740.jpg

2. ronott1

ronott1 A chicken will always remember the egg

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, CA
    My Coop
    Heart love.gif I love them!

Welcome Wagon.gif Welcome to Backyard Chickens!

3. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki Quail Hatch TBD

Welcome to Backyardchickens.com aka BYC! :frow
    :yesss:We are glad you joined our flock.
    Jump right in and make yourself at home.

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

CURRENT COOP CONTEST click here >>#1

4. 007Sean

007Sean Enabler

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    Howdy:welcome:frowHappy to have you join the family. Enjoy your time here at BYC! :)
    Cool pic!:thumbsup

Latestarter, rjohns39, N F C and 8 others like this.
  5. Plip

Plip Free Ranging

Apr 28, 2010
    NW Washington State
    Welcome to BYC! Great to have you here!

Latestarter, rjohns39, N F C and 6 others like this.
  6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams

G’Day from down under <3Barnys1983 :frow Welcome and Congratulations!

Aaaaw, so sweet!

I do hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

I note you mention you are from Vancouver Island, but if you include your general location on your profile, this will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

BYC has Topic of the Week articles which I have found to be a great resource and a one stop shop for questions which may have already been discussed within the BYC membership group.

If you would like to share more Pictures and Stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

7. MrsMistyReal

MrsMistyReal Enabler

Aug 6, 2014
    Mississippi
    Welcome aboard to BYC family gr8 people tons of information loads of fun enjoy shake your tail feathers congratulations on your feathered family members 1250972-eaaf72ec0adea36bcb73d03ebb09f6f1.gif

8. <3Barnys1983

Feb 14, 2018
    Vancouver Island Canada
    Great thank you so much

9. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams

No problemo!

I see you updated your profile and excuse my geographical ignorance but I had no idea where Vancouver Island was....I can blame the heat here in Aus, frying the brain :p

Anyways, if you have not found it yet, this is the link to the Canadian Thread.

10. <3Barnys1983

Feb 14, 2018
    Vancouver Island Canada
    I did. Haha it's ok, I probably should have put BC, Canada or something. I'm just on a small island.
    Send the heat our way. Haha it was plus 15 last week now it's plus 6 degrees in the day. Sooo cold, cant wait for warmer weather :cool:
    Thanks for the link. I haven't found that one yet!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: