Webbdav

Chirping
Feb 25, 2018
Story, Ar
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Have had many in the past, but just now getting back into it and trying to get serious with more and better breeds and also better living quarters.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have 12. 10 Barred Rock and 2 Rhode Island reds. Plan on getting rid of the Barred Rocks in the fall and moving into rare breeds. I plan to get up to a flock of about 40 or so.

(3) What breeds do you have?

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
This is one of the websites I have googled for chicken info.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Hunt and fish and also amateur beekeep

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Have had many in the past, but just now getting back into it and trying to get serious with more and better breeds and also better living quarters.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have 12. 10 Barred Rock and 2 Rhode Island reds. Plan on getting rid of the Barred Rocks in the fall and moving into rare breeds. I plan to get up to a flock of about 40 or so.

(3) What breeds do you have?

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
This is one of the websites I have googled for chicken info.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Hunt and fish and also amateur beekeep

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Welcome to Backyard Chickens

Oh I also forgot to mention I am building a huge 8x10 coop. So far I have the framing and metal roof done. The features I have planned or almost have done are floor cleanout. 2 in-wall feeders with treadle troughs . Automatic waterer. Electric access. Outside accessible nest boxes. I spent today building the treadles. Next weekend siding. Then the following weekend doors and windows. I'll have to move them in before I can get to the trim and painting or the attached run.

Greetings and welcome to BYC! So glad you joined us. Sounds like you're off and running! 80 square feet is gonna be pretty danged tight for 40 birds... Like about half the space they should have... :oops: There's a wealth of info, knowledge and experience shared in the multitude of threads. Browse around and see what interesting stuff you can find. By all means post away when the desire strikes you, especially if you have questions (provide as much detail/info as possible and pictures truly help)... With all the great folks here, generally someone will respond in no time at all. Please make yourself at home!

Hope you enjoy the site!

My run will be 12x10 and when I get my flock to that size I will probably have more coops built. I have old coops using now that I will remodel when the full size one gets finished. I have a 10X6 under a shed that needs recouping and a 4x5. I will probably use those for breed separation. Next year if all goes well will build one big enough to hold 6 fully enclosed tractor style and will continue making more of those as I grow. I Don't plan to have more than 20-25 in my big one I am building.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom