Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by lesheffer, Mar 22, 2018.

1. lesheffer

lesheffer In the Brooder

Mar 22, 2018
    Wisconsin, USA
    Good morning all! My name is Leah. I'm from Wisconsin and new to the world of chickens/ducks. They are my next step into the world of self sufficiency...and pretty awesome entertainment.☺

I have 12 four week old chicks, buff orpingtons, sex links, barred rocks, and gold wyandotte. My 6 ducklings include cayuga, Welsh harlequin, Peking, and both a blue and a black Swedish.

I work as a CNA on the night shift. I enjoy baking, reading, knitting, gardening, and fishing. I look forward to everyone's vast wealth of knowledge and insight.

2. 007Sean

007Sean Enabler

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    Howdy Leah:welcome:frow Happy :yato have you join the family. Enjoy your time here at BYC! :)

3. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Leah and welcome to BYC

Here’s a good link where you’ll find lots of information on almost every aspect of keeping chickens - from coop building ideas, to incubating eggs - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/

There’s a link on the page above to the Learning Centre - it’s a great resource. If you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

Each week, various topics are discussed, which can also be a great resource - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/topic-of-the-week-thread-archive

You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find Your State Thread

Best wishes

Pork Pie

4. N F C

N F C booooo!

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    :welcome

Hi Leah, sounds like you got started with some nice breeds! Glad you're enjoying them.

Make yourself at home here, thanks for joining us!

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    :welcome:highfive:

6. Joeschooks

Joeschooks Just clucking around

Feb 7, 2018
    Hampshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hello Leah. Welcome to BYC! Congratulations on becoming a chicky mom!!

7. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams

G’Day from down under Leah :frow Welcome and Congratulations! :clap

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

Please do check out the Topic of the Week discussions Pork Pie mentioned. I have found these to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining. There are some down the bottom of the page which are duck specific.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

KikisGirls, penny1960 and 007Sean like this.
  8. lesheffer

lesheffer In the Brooder

Mar 22, 2018
    Wisconsin, USA
    Thank you all so much for your kindness, information and suggestions!!

9. Jetblack2004

Jetblack2004 Crowing

Feb 22, 2016
    South East England
    My Coop
    :welcome
    It's nice to meet you, Leah!!

007Sean and KikisGirls like this.
  10. penny1960

penny1960 Going back to La La Land

Dec 29, 2015
    Mossyrock, WA
    Good morning Leah Welcome to Backyard Chickens

007Sean, KikisGirls and N F C like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: