New member!!

New Chicken Momma

In the Brooder
Jul 20, 2018
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes, our family got 6 chickens this past spring. Never had chickens before but we bought a ranch last year and it had a beautiful chicken coup on it. We love farm fresh eggs so I thought I'd "just do it".
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We have 5 chickens and 6 guineas. The guineas are just about 2 or 3 weeks old now.

(3) What breeds do you have?
We have 3 Rhode Island Reds (14 weeks old now) and 2 Welsummers (12 weeks old now). Our "runt" Welsummer just died last night. Found her with a really wet head all the way down to the top of her shoulders. Figured it was a snake that tried to swallow her but couldn't since she was too big. Kind of bummed right now!

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
I have been researching chicken care and all issues chicken for about a year or so from this site. I thought today was the right time to become a member. This site has been amazing to research with tons of great information.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Gardening and recreational shooting.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

My husband and I have a total of 5 grown children. In early 2016, we welcomed our youngest son, Wyatt. He was our SURPRISE baby! He is a miracle and has brought so much joy and adventure into our lives. My 71 year old mother-in-law lives on the ranch with us as well. She takes care of Wyatt for us while we work and she is full of energy and fun. We have 2 dogs, Barrett and Radar. Radar is my mother-in-law's dog and was a rescue pup. Barrett is our 3 year old German Shepard. We have a Tennessee Walker named Shan and a miniature horse named Popeye. We also have 2 barn cats named Frik and Frak.

Back
Top Bottom