Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BobV, Jan 17, 2019.

1. BobV

BobV In the Brooder

Jan 17, 2019
    South Haven, Michigan
    I am a new member with three lovable mini donkeys and hopefully chickens in the future

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Good morning, BobV, and welcome to BYC. Set your goals, ask questions, search the forums and you will be successful in establishing your flock. Good luck.

3. Bamabexchicks

Bamabexchicks Free Ranging

Oct 30, 2018
    East central Alabama
    Hi Bob, nice to have you aboard! You can learn alot about chickens here and maybe make some new friends too! GroupWelcome.gif

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  4. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Hi Bob and welcome to our community.

On this link you'll find lots of information on almost every aspect of keeping birds - from coop building ideas, to incubating eggs - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/

Each week, various topics are discussed, which can be a great resource - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/topic-of-the-week-thread-archives . Ditto the Learning Centre - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/

This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3 I’d suggest including your location using the guide in that link. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

5. Chick-N-Fun

Chick-N-Fun Almy Acres Farm

Jun 26, 2014
    Corning, NY
    Welcome to our FUNomenal community! Make yourself at home and have FUN!

6. ChickNurse 21

ChickNurse 21 Chirping

Jan 14, 2019
    :welcome Glad you're here!

7. DobieLover

DobieLover Easily distracted by chickens

Jul 23, 2018
    Apalachin, NY
    My Coop
    Hello Bob and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.

8. fldiver97

fldiver97 Free Ranging

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    My Coop
    Welcome! Lots of information here about anything chicken :jumpy. Mini donkeys-sounds great!! Start your research and hopefully you’ll have your little flock soon :welcome

9. BReeder!

BReeder! Crowing

Mar 12, 2018
    Plainfield, IL
    My Coop
    WELCOME! Check out Backyard Livestock too. I believe it's a sister to BYC. Lot's of interesting things there on donkeys and the such. Be sure to stick around here too though. If you are interested in chickens eventually, there's no better site to learn and share knowledge and experiences on the subject matter of chickens. I've met great people, learned a lot about chickens and now quail too, and even adopted some birds from fellow members who have bred or rescued them. Mine is a small flock of 7 chickens and 52 quail chicks (just hatched!) as well as one adult quail we adopted from another BYC member who rescued him.

10. 007Sean

007Sean Addict

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    Howdy :frowand Welcome to Backyard Chickens.

Glad to have you here with us. Enjoy your time here at BYC!

Thanks for joining our community! :celebrate

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: