New Member!

Bantam BCM

Chirping
Feb 20, 2020
Howdy all. I've been lurking in the background for a couple years and figured it time to stick my head in the door and say y'all are a bunch of crazy chicken folks. Just my kinda people. I'm a self admitted breeding junkie and incurable crazy chicken whisperer. My old man raised birds years back and as I was busy doing silly non-chicken stuff I didn't catch the itch until I had some greys under my cap and slowed down a gear or two.
It started innocent enough. Let's get some birds back on the land, I said. Just a few for eggs. Maybe do a little hobby hybrids.
Seems hard to relate to that naive thinking now. I'm knee deep in compost and cutting down trees to make more room for my precious! Sorry. Um. Chickens. More room for chickens. More flocks, more hybrids, more coops, more free range territories.
Needed ducks to combat them darn poop flies. Chickens in the house. Chickens on my head. I've read the threads and I know there is no turning back. I'm all in.
My first chicken buddy was a bantam roo.
He introduced himself as Mr. Bob Weaver. He had a lot to say and he reasoned I was the guy to chum up with and say it to.
Well he reasoned well...wise little clucker.
He told me his secrets and I told him mine.
The word got out around the yard that I was a softie and soon enough I had a circle of friends with feathers and beaks and unique individual personalities. Go figure. So here I am now showing those I know that lurk these pages as I did just how far gone into this I truly am. No turning back now guys. You're on your way too. Soon enough I'll start seeing y'all posting things you will reflect on and realize you've crossed that invisible line too and you'll never be the same.
So anyhow let me get to the details...
Currently I'm working on bantam bcm, and chantecler X bcm hybrids. I've got a few other mini chicken projects on the go, meat breeding, breeding straight foragers from old English game and bantam amerucana crosses. I fed the foxes and hawks too many cherished breeders last year so my programs have slowed and been set back a bit as we recover.
I'm pretty keen on bantams right now.
I'll leave it at that and post some pics here and there.
Am I crazy enough for you folks??

Howdy all. I've been lurking in the background for a couple years and figured it time to stick my head in the door and say y'all are a bunch of crazy chicken folks. Just my kinda people. I'm a self admitted breeding junkie and incurable crazy chicken whisperer. My old man raised birds years back and as I was busy doing silly non-chicken stuff I didn't catch the itch until I had some greys under my cap and slowed down a gear or two.
It started innocent enough. Let's get some birds back on the land, I said. Just a few for eggs. Maybe do a little hobby hybrids.
Seems hard to relate to that naive thinking now. I'm knee deep in compost and cutting down trees to make more room for my precious! Sorry. Um. Chickens. More room for chickens. More flocks, more hybrids, more coops, more free range territories.
Needed ducks to combat them darn poop flies. Chickens in the house. Chickens on my head. I've read the threads and I know there is no turning back. I'm all in.
My first chicken buddy was a bantam roo.
He introduced himself as Mr. Bob Weaver. He had a lot to say and he reasoned I was the guy to chum up with and say it to.
Well he reasoned well...wise little clucker.
He told me his secrets and I told him mine.
The word got out around the yard that I was a softie and soon enough I had a circle of friends with feathers and beaks and unique individual personalities. Go figure. So here I am now showing those I know that lurk these pages as I did just how far gone into this I truly am. No turning back now guys. You're on your way too. Soon enough I'll start seeing y'all posting things you will reflect on and realize you've crossed that invisible line too and you'll never be the same.
So anyhow let me get to the details...
Currently I'm working on bantam bcm, and chantecler X bcm hybrids. I've got a few other mini chicken projects on the go, meat breeding, breeding straight foragers from old English game and bantam amerucana crosses. I fed the foxes and hawks too many cherished breeders last year so my programs have slowed and been set back a bit as we recover.
I'm pretty keen on bantams right now.
I'll leave it at that and post some pics here and there.
Am I crazy enough for you folks??
YES, but :welcome you fit right in!

Back
Top Bottom