NorthwoodsChick

Fowl play will 🐝 encouraged 🐥🐔
Premium Feather Member
May 16, 2021
UP Michigan
My Coop
My Coop
Hi. New member here. First, I am chatty. I am brand spanking new to raising chickens but have wanted to raise them for years. I am in the research phase of raising chickens, what breed, style of coop, space, etc. I live in Northern Michigan near Lk Superior where it is cold and snowy for a solid six months, so I plan to house my girls in a well-insulated coop with a southern exposure. My main concern will be predators. You name it, I got it, from the typical anti-chicken crowd plus bobcat, wolf, bear, marten, fischer and an abundance of aerial hunters, including pesky persistent blood sucking black flies that seem to love only my flavor of plasma.
About me: I am pretty chill, married, two kids, two dogs, work in healthcare. I love hunting, fishing, rock hunting and muddy jeeps. And of course, chickens!! I look forward to reading your posts and gaining some tips from an experienced cohort.

Wow Great Bio. Welcome to Backyard Chickens this is a really great place to roost and explore
Hardware cloth and hotwire lots of strands High voltage for bear
Thank you!! I will certainly consider the hotwire. Should be simple enough to do.

Back
Top Bottom