passaflora

Chirping
Feb 1, 2023
I have a new 38.6 acre homestead located in the High Desert Prairie that is scattered with Junipers in Northern Arizona. I have no poultry at present but plan on getting some chickens, a few Navajo Churro Sheep, Romanoff Sheep, Highland cattle and possible a couple of Longhorn Cattle. I had a couple of Rhode Island Red and many Ameraucana's in the past. I also raised some Cornish cross meat chickens once and a neighbor helped me butcher them.
I had a blue Ameraucana hen who would let you check her eggs and get chicks from under her and just fluff her feathers and make a little noise. I had a friend who was a preschool teacher who would take her to the preschool a few days before her eggs would hatch when she would go broody. The preschoolers and the parents loved it. Many of the parent's had no idea where eggs really came from and had never seen a chicken.
I just remembered that t after awhile the Ameraucana's began roosting in the Mulberry tree in the backyard and never went in the coop again unless it was to eat or lay eggs.

Last edited:
images

I have a new 38.6 acre homestead located in the High Desert Prairie that is scattered with Junipers in Northern Arizona. I have no poultry at present but plan on getting some chickens, a few Navajo Churro Sheep, Romanoff Sheep, Highland cattle and possible a couple of Longhorn Cattle. I had a couple of Rhode Island Red and many Ameraucana's in the past. I also raised some Cornish cross meat chickens once and a neighbor helped me butcher them.
I had a blue Ameraucana hen who would let you check her eggs and get chicks from under her and just fluff her feathers and make a little noise. I had a friend who was a preschool teacher who would take her to the preschool a few days before her eggs would hatch when she would go broody. The preschoolers and the parents loved it. Many of the parent's had no idea where eggs really came from and had never seen a chicken.
I just remembered that t after awhile the Ameraucana's began roosting in the Mulberry tree in the backyard and never went in the coop again unless it was to eat or lay eggs.
Welcome to BYC!! 😊

Back
Top Bottom