FF

Songster
10 Years
Jan 9, 2010
Tennessee
Hello. I live in Tennessee and am new here. I stsarted out with 3 silkies and now I am raising to be soon 30 egg layers and looking for some more silkies. I would just like to say hellow to everyone.

Thank you. well I have not got them yet. I am planning to get them in the next few weeks. I am getting Australorps, red sex links, white leghorns, maybe white rock and wanting some black Giants. Debating on the WR and the Giants though. Do you all have any breed that you want me to try? I will be more than happy to try, I have had Buff orpingtons, silver hamburgs, leghorns, black and red sex links, dominickers, barred rocks, buff bantam cochins, OE game, broilers, Mallard ducks Rhode Island reds, production reds and silkies. I believe that is it. If you all want me to try a breed that I haven't tryed then name it and I will be more than happy too. I am wanting at least 5 silkies. 2 good broody silkies and good fertile roosters. Thank you

Yipee!! raise them chickens!!
yippiechickie.gif
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome-byc.gif
and
frow.gif

From, Va

I know you will enjoy this forum a lot
thumbsup.gif

I think you shoud try CALIFORNIA WHITES!
They are by far the best layers that we have out of 13+ breeds!
They are VERY friendly and lay TONS of big white eggs!!!
Look under leghorn on the breed page or click on the link on my singnature under this to learn GREAT stuff about this breed!!!

Matthew

Alrighty. Thank you all for the welcomes. Where do you get these california whites at? I have heard of them but never tryed them. And is there anything else you all would like me to try

Quote:
I know Cackle Hatchery sell them.
Also maybe do a Google search on them and see what comes up.
I get mine from a local who buys them and sells them but I do not know where she gets them.
Tell us what you end up getting!!

Matthew

Back
Top Bottom