hoff

Hatching
9 Years
Jun 13, 2010
Garber
Just wanted to say hi. I'm Julie Hoffman. My husband Larry and I have been married for almost 21 years and enjoy chickens. We have had alot of trouble with trying to keep alive, but sticking in there. We started with 6 lost to dogs and had 4 lost to thought dogs ..started with another 8 lost 4 to think cats, replaced 4 brought us back to 8. Last night lost 4, can't figure out to what. They were inside a chicken house with dirt floor and door locked no intry point we could, its a mystery. When researching how to protect our chicks found this site, thought might be helpful. We both work full time husb is electrician and I am a customer service represenitive. Our son has been raising pigs and showing for 4 years, and loves it, and has a summer job with a mechanic. We are from Oklahoma, and love it hear in our small town. We always have a large garden, which my husband takes care of wonderfully.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
My name is Julie Hoffman and my husband Larry have been trying to start our own back yard chicken flock for about a year now.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We have 4.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Have no idea. Goal was to get one of each at our local store. When my husband and son picked them out.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Searching for information on how to protect our chickens from preditors.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Gardening, crocheting, sewing, canning, and fishing when we get a chance.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Well, my husband Larry, myself Julie, one daughter just moved out Laura, one son Waylan is 16, one dog Boomer, one pig Shorty, 4 chickens not named yet afraid will loose them to.

welcome-byc.gif
This is a great place to learn everything you ever wanted to know. Glad you've joined!

welcome-byc.gif
from New Mexico! How awful to lose so many so close together! My biggest predator has been human theft so far. I hope we can help you get a strong and secure area built for your birds.

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Can you post pics of the inside of the coop? Are the chickens actually missing or just dead? If just lying there what signs of injuries can you see? we will try to help you.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom