Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MusketeerinFla, Jun 27, 2010.

1. MusketeerinFla

MusketeerinFla Out Of The Brooder

Jun 27, 2010
    Greetings, salutations, ect., ect., Ad Infinitum ! I just found the site. I have three wooded acres in North Central Florida. I have no chickens , as of yet. In fact, I have nothing set up at all . I am interested in learning about raising chickens though. I have learned a little about the predators that prey on chickens, and it seems they are all present on my property. I have more racoons than I can count. The more I trap, the more show up. We have owls, hawks and an occasional eagle. So far, feral dogs have not been an issue. I am not sure if opossums are a threat to chickens, but we have our fair share of snakes. So it could be interesting. Looking forwards to learning a lot here. Best regards,Musketeer

2. MattalynsBarn

MattalynsBarn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2010
    Connecticut
    [​IMG]

3. FarmerJamie

FarmerJamie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2010
    [​IMG] Hello from NE Ohio!

4. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    Whoa! Good Luck with that. Looks like you have lots of thinking to do and planning a predator proof coop and run. But.... [​IMG]

5. Gerbil

Gerbil Oh, Crazy!

Jun 24, 2010
    Welcome! [​IMG]

6. Chickaholic

Chickaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2010
    Snohomish, Wa
    [​IMG] from Washington!! If you decide to get your feathered friends I would suggest a net and closed housing for them. A net over their run for during the day while the chickens are roaming and put them in a closed and locked house for them at night. Good luck with all of this... it's easier than you think.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by