1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

new member...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by WannaBeChickenMama, Nov 23, 2010.

1. WannaBeChickenMama

WannaBeChickenMama New Egg

Nov 23, 2010
    Hi All! I've joined this forum in hopes to get more information from others' experience. I live in New Jersey where it is pretty populated! I've got 3/4 acre or property (was once a big farm and the land was sectioned off and sold seperately) that borders a county park that has patches of woods, a lake and a small river right behind my property.
    I would LOVE to raise chickens here!!!! My concern is the Canadian Geese which inhabit the park. They rarely make an appearance on my property, but they are around! Does anyone have any knowledge on this subject that they can share with me?
    Thanks [​IMG]

2. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    [​IMG] from Missouri [​IMG]

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

5. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    Hello from Tucson and [​IMG] I don't have much experience with Canadian geese visiting my yard. I was imagining it and instantly feared for my garden. I wouldn't worry too much about it if I were you, you'll deal with that problem as it comes. You should definitely get chickens. Read lots and lots here first though.

6. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

[​IMG] You'll love it here.

7. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. The geese shouldn't be a problem, just don't throw food out on the ground for your chickens or the geese won't ever leave.

8. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

[​IMG]

9. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

A warm welcome from an imp in Washington

Imp

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by