amenning

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 21, 2011
Gardner, KS
Here is all my new member information

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

We brand new to chicken keeping. We just received our shipment of 57 day old chicks about 6 weeks ago.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

We currently have 56 chickens.

(3) What breeds do you have?

We ordered ours from McMurray Hatchery and here is what we got.

2 ARAUCANA Females
4 BLUE ANDALUSIANS Females
4 SPECKLED SUSSEX Females
4 BUFF ROCK Females
11 NEW HAMPSHIRES Males
4 NEW HAMPSHIRES Females
11 SILVER LACED WYANDOTTE Males
4 SILVER LACED WYANDOTTE Females
1 Free Rare Exotic Chick

At a local auction we got these as well.

9 WHITE ROCK Strait run
2 WHITE SILKIES 1 Male, 1 Female 6 months old

We are planning on having most of the roosters butchered in the middle of June, all the hens we are planning on keeping around for the eggs.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

During my research to get chickens I found your site, I have also heard about this site from several pod casts.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

We recently moved to 13.5 acres and I have spent most of my time recently getting the land ready to become more self sufficient. When I am not working around the house I enjoy woodworking, photography and bicycle riding. I wish I had more time to do the things I want to do vs. doing the things I have to do.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

My wife and I have one 4 year old daughter who loves the chickens, sometimes I am worried that she loves them too much. We have two dogs, one is an inside dog who thinks she is a farm dog (toy poodle) and an outside dog who can not stop barking (sheltie).

About 2 weeks ago we got two 2 pound packages of bees. They are all doing well and hopefully we can get some honey out of their hives at the end of the year.

I have posted pictures of the coop I have been working of for the past several months, I getting close to finishing up, just the finishing details. Thanks for visiting.

Aaron

welcome-byc.gif
We are glad you joined! Wow your living the way I wish I could. Maybe some day
fl.gif
. Well dive right in and make some friends, you'll enjoy the addiction. Promise!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom