Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by bowman, Jun 14, 2011.

1. bowman

bowman New Egg

Mar 22, 2011
    In December of 2010 the wife and I talked about having a small farm, raising a few chickens and quail. I knew nothing about how to start raising, incubating eggs, how to care for them and designing/fabricating pens. To say the least I was fortunate to discover BYC when researching the net. I start off by viewing all the pens/coops in the design section, and then went into reading about incubation and viewing pictures of all the DIY incubators. From there I read, read and still continue to read a lot of misc. discussions from ya’ll. The information given from all you lady and gentlemen has really help me get started in creating a poultry farm and would like to pass on my appreciation to BYC for the free info provided, THANKS. My occupation is welding/fabricating and was raised by my parents building residential homes and remodeling existing homes which helped on the cost of setting up my (DIY) farm. I uploaded a few pictures of what I’ve completed (for now LOL).
    Again thanks to all and BYC for all the help,
    Lester

2. ParadiseFoundFarm

ParadiseFoundFarm Goddess of Good Things

Jul 6, 2010
    Joliet, IL
    [​IMG]
    With all your talents, you'll be a great asset to our community!
    Denise
    Paradise Found

3. Chickencoop1996

Chickencoop1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    southern nh
    [​IMG]

4. shawnj72

shawnj72 Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2011
    Upper Michigan
    Welcome to BYC I wish I could Quit my job and do it full time stay home with kids.. I found alot of information here and have enjoyed looking and reading.. It is probibaly the 1 most useful place i have found

5. serenityNH

serenityNH Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2011
    Raymond, NH
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello [​IMG] from Hesperia,CA and [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. FiveAcres

FiveAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2011
    White, GA
    You are definitely in the right place...there is a wealth of knowledge just a question away!!! Welcome to BYC!!

8. Firework

Firework Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2008
    Minneeesooodaaa
    [​IMG] I’m sure you’ll [​IMG] and learn a lot more!

9. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. It is a great site, so pull up a chair and join in on the addiction. [​IMG]

10. jujubee

jujubee Feather Hill Farm

Mar 3, 2011
    The BYC Forum..The best place to talk chicken on the web. Glad you joined. Welcome for Ohio:celebrate

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by