Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Brechin, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Brechin

Brechin Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2012
    East Bay, CA
    New to the website and to California. Just moved here from Alaska and can finally keep chickens without worrying about bears, wolverines, lynx, owls, hawks, wolves, and loose mushing dogs ripping open my coop and recreating a scene from some creepy zombie movie.

[​IMG]

I have 2 blue orpingtons, 2 silver laced wyandottes, and 1 red sex link. I plan to hatch, with a broody hen, Olive Eggers, Cream Legbars, Sulmtalers, and Double Blue Laced Barnvelders to name a few. I am still waiting patiently for a chance to have my own farm for raising rare/critical breeds of chickens, sheep/goats for cheese, and heirloom vegetables. My husband is working on that one [​IMG]

Meanwhile I am a profession dog trainer, mostly for sport (Schutzhund and Ringsports) and I keep pretty busy raising my family and training/titling my own German Shepherd Dogs.

Well, now you know a bit more about me, I hope this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship! [​IMG]

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Wow, you have a lovely collection of chickens!

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Brechin, and [​IMG]! Happy you joined us. Best of luck to you and your hatching!

4. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

5. DDNONIN2016

DDNONIN2016 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2012
    SW Ohio
    Hello and welcome from Ohio.....so glad you joined

6. poultrylubber

poultrylubber Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC:) I really hope you can get your farm! I hope to be able to raise rare breeds of chickens and grow heirloom vegetables. I think things like that need to be preserved!

7. Crzy Chix Lady

Crzy Chix Lady Out Of The Brooder

Oct 10, 2012
    Welcome from a recent newbie from Iowa!

8. ingeyoung

ingeyoung Out Of The Brooder

Oct 28, 2012
    Georgia
    Good luck!

9. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    :frow & :welcome from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

10. Brechin

Brechin Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2012
    East Bay, CA
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I look forward to getting to know you all and sharing what I know and learn along the way. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by