foghorn86

In the Brooder
7 Years
Nov 29, 2012
N. Texas
Hello.
I am a new chicken owner. I bought 7 (supposed) hens off of a vet/farmer in my area. I am going on my third week with them. I love it and am already wanting more.
I already need help from the community though. I was told they are all young hens and should start laying very soon. I got my first egg 4 days ago and got a couple more from the same hen in the following days, but the rest of the hens have not started laying yet.
I know i am just anxious, but i believe i might have at least one rooster. I was wondering if i could post pictures of the three chickens i believe might me roos, and you guys could help me decide.

Thanks and have a blessed day!

I think you have to have 10 posts before posting pics. So jump in a few conversations, or ask any other questions you might have and you'll be posting pics in no time.

Greetings from Kansas, foghorn86, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you here. Yes, when you get 10 posts you can post pics. I'd advise posting them over in the What Breed or Gender is This thread - you might get more responses! Best of luck to you!!

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
At this time of the year the days are shorter and lots of hens take time off and stop laying. that my be why you are not getting more eggs. But do post some pics so we can have a look.

Back
Top Bottom