Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SouthCoop, Feb 25, 2013.

1. SouthCoop

SouthCoop New Egg

Aug 2, 2012
    South Florida
    Hi to all chicken lovers,
    I joined half a year ago but never introduced myself.........
    I had chickens many years ago and decided it was time to start a coop in my new home in south Florida.
    Last June i ordered one day old chicks, 5 Buff Orpingtons, 5 Easter Eggers and 5 Barred Plymouth Rocks. They all grew into healthy pullets. I sold several at 2 months of age and kept 2 BO, 2 EE and 3 BPR.The first egg came when they were 8 months old, the Easter Eggers a little later. We build them a nice coop and they roam free in the afternoons. I've started selling surplus eggs and neighbors are very appreciative about egg quality. I enjoy my girls greatly and they are pretty tame.
    I do have one bullying one hen and asked for advice in the 'Behavior' section of the forum. Should i cull out the aggressor or the victim?
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]ii [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]Enjoy the pictures.

2. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Beautiful coop and animals!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  3. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Love the pictures! [​IMG]

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and [​IMG]! Great to have you aboard! Looks like a happy, healthy flock! Good luck to you and enjoy your gorgeous birds!!

5. thasista

thasista Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2011
    KY
    My Coop
    Hi from Kentucky![​IMG]

6. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Nice, spacious brooder set up - welcome to BYC.

8. SouthCoop

SouthCoop New Egg

Aug 2, 2012
    South Florida
    Thanks all for the warm welcome. I forgot to add text to pictures. 3 days old, 1 month old, 2months old, My dog with one of his new friends, start of new coop, coop almost finished, about 6 months old and first time all hens lay on same day.......7 !!!
    The coop still needs some finishing details, will update pix when all is done. I have 2 New Zealand Red rabbits too. But the hens are much more fun :) I'm a dog trainer - pet sitter and one of my clients buys eggs from me and told me that her 7 year old daughter never ate eggs, now she eats my hen's eggs and loves them. She came one day and saw the hens, her face lit up with joy.
    All my buyers compliment profusely on the quality of the eggs. I sell them for $3.50 a dozen, some say i could easy ask $4. The hens earn their own keep and pay for rabbit feed too.............and add manure to my compost!!! Gotta love them :)

9. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by