New member :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ChickenDude94, Mar 4, 2013.

1. ChickenDude94

ChickenDude94 New Egg

Mar 3, 2013
    Philo, OH
    Hello :)
    I've always been raised around chickens, my dad raises egg laying chickens as a hobby. I found a strong liking for the little guys. Later when I was at a flee market I found this little pair of BB red old English with 3 chicks. I fell in love lol since they were small birds I let them stay in the house till their chicks got old enough to be out side. Sadly the hen didn't go broody again and the chicks turned out to be all Roos. So I sold their babies. An about 3 weeks after doing so my roo died. My little hen seems depressed being by herself so I gave her to a friend that was looking for a hen. I hated not having a chicken around. I looked up broody breeds of chickens and that's when I found the perfect chickens for me lol right now I have 4 silkies(2 Roos, 2hens) 5 Cochins( 4 hens, 1 Roo) and a Roo frizzle. They all live in on big flock free ranging in my yard lol and I couldnt be more happy with these amazing little birds :)

2. CheekyMare

CheekyMare Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome! I love silkies and Cochins. The Cochins look so funny when they run.

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, ChickenDude94, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined us! Sounds like you have found the perfect chickens! Enjoy and best of luck!

4. DDNONIN2016

DDNONIN2016 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2012
    SW Ohio
    Hello and welcome from Ohio....so glad you joined BYC

I have silkies and cochins also. Love both breeds very much.

5. omaeve

omaeve Chillin' With My Peeps

greetings from Virginia [​IMG]you have joined the best of chicken world... my pictures of featherleg hatch are following the lives of these chickens from birth[​IMG] to 1 year[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

they are 4 weeks old now. go take a look at theses cute little guys.

6. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

7. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!! [​IMG] Glad you joined us!! [​IMG]

8. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by