Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mountainmolly, Mar 4, 2013.

1. mountainmolly

mountainmolly New Egg

Mar 3, 2013
    Hi,

I have just joined this list. I have been posting stories on Facebook about HopAlongCassidy, my hen that lost her legs, and one of my FB friends sent me the link to your site.
    I live on the eastern plains of Colorado and have a backyard brood of (6) hens, one rooster (by mistake but he is really beautiful) and a goose. It feels like Easter everyday at my house because I get big beautiful eggs of various shades of brown, white and green. I have a Leghorn, Ameraucana, Rhode Island Red, Red Sex Link, Ancona, and two leghorn x whatever my rooster is that hatched this spring. One of the mixed hens is my legless hen. I will try to get pictures of my rooster to see if anyone knows what breed he might be, he is big and beautiful and not very aggressive. I hope to add a Golden Seabright and a Wyanadotte - either silver laced or blue-laced red just because I think they are beautiful. I have usually lived in a city so haven't had the opportunity to raise chickens. I was surprised that my Leghorn went broody and hatched eggs without any intervention from me, but that was a nice experience. I have a mixed-breed dog that doesn't bother the chickens (they free-range during the day, and go to their coop at night where I lock them from coyotes, foxes, badgers, etc.) but she loves the eggs. I also breed Maine Coon cats under the cattery SpiritHill.

Thank you.

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hi again, mountainmolly! Great to have you with us!!

4. DDNONIN2016

DDNONIN2016 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2012
    SW Ohio
    Hello and welcome from Ohio....so glad you joined BYC

Loved your intro. Cant wait to see pics of your chickens

5. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!! [​IMG] Glad you joined us!! [​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I'm curious to know how Hopalong gets along. I have seen one legged chickens - usually the result of predator attacks. [​IMG]

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    When I was little I got a "Hopalong Cassidy," figure for Xmas. It was hard plastic - I think his horse's name was Topper.

8. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by