ShannonDow

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 10, 2013
Hello all,

My name is Shannon and I am a new member. My husband, David, and I have decided to raise chickens again (we did for two short summer seasons about 15 yrs ago). However, this time around I would like to become serious in this and maintain chickens year round.

I am also venturing down the path of having ducks. I recently brought home two ducklings that are from a mixed flock so I'm not sure how they will look exactly. It will be a delight to watch them grow. They are now 11 days old.

I welcome any tips, feeback, and just plain chit chat.

Smile,
Shannon

:welcome! You'll love the ducklings. Ducks have such interesting personalities. It gets addictive, though - I started off with two pet drakes, not even for eggs, just for pest control and some fun. Now I have a breeding quad of ducks, almost twenty chickens (I'm sure I'll have more by the end of spring) and I've made the decision to add geese this year. Morefowl disease is very real :lol: Come over to the duck section sometime! Also, we'd love to see some pictures of your new babies :)

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

Welcome to the coop!! I am also new but love the chats and help with questions. Would love to hear how the ducks work out with the chickens. My husband and I thought about it but did not want to jump the gun and get in over our heads so are just starting with chickens. Hope everything goes well for you.

Back
Top Bottom