Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by RLeschnik, Mar 25, 2013.

1. RLeschnik

RLeschnik Out Of The Brooder

Feb 10, 2013
    Bargo
    Hello everyone,

Im from bargo, nsw, AUSTRALIA.

Im wanting to learn all about chickens from keeping to breeding and showing.

My partner and i will be buying a few chickens... to keep... and to collect eggs from. We have two RIR and one australorp pullet chick growing out in a brooder. Currently they are three weeks old. We are looking to get one speckled sussux, one coronation sussex, one plymouth rock and one gold laced wyandotte pullet. Total laying chickens will be 7.

Wanting to breed silkies. Focusing on partridge. So far i have one chick that im growing out that i bought as a fertalized egg from a hatchery and incubated at home. Ive added a picture of the chick. Not sure if its a cockrel or a pullet? And have found a breeder and have bought a 15 week old partridge pullet will i hope will be a starting female to breed. Will be picking her up this weekend.

[​IMG]

Looking to buy a rooster in the near future. For the moment im wanting to find 3 good pullets. One of which ive been lucky enough to already find.

We've just finished building our chicken coop and run.

[​IMG]

Any tips or advice would be welcome.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our flock! Beautiful chick and a super coop! Best of luck in your breeding program!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  3. RLeschnik

RLeschnik Out Of The Brooder

Feb 10, 2013
    Bargo
    Thankyou jer! I was so happy when i found this chicken website community and joined. Thankyou. I will be interested to see how he/ she develops. Only time will tell. We are very proud of our chicken coop and run!

4. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

6. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012