Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Blondie654, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Blondie654

Blondie654 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 22, 2013
    Hi there,

I was a 'lurker' but now we as a family have made the decision to get chickens (awaiting coop) i thought it was a good idea to research research research!!!
    So many wonderful ideas and articles on this site! I love it!

As a newbie to chickens and with 2 small children i was thinking of getting 2 pekin Bantams and a couple of hybrids although i do like the buff Orpingtons.. soooo pretty! I hope that a good plan. The coop i'm looking at will be 10ft sq space for them and i can let them free range a little but i also love my flowers! Took me forever to train the rabbit not to eat them!

Anyway Howdy nice to finally be a member! [​IMG]

2. Iuvmychix

Iuvmychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Howdy! [​IMG] Those sound like good chicks although I never had any experience with Bantams though.I pesonally love Buff Orps!

3. ChirpyChicks1

ChirpyChicks1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2013
    [​IMG] Glad you have joined us :)

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]they generally say 4 square feet per bird inside the coop and 10 square feet per bird in the outdoor run. I don't know what the approved space for bantams is. If you want them to spare your flowers you probably have to fence them in very well.

5. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Blondie654, and [​IMG]! Pleased you upgraded from lurker to full fledged member! Good luck to you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by