1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Member.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sara Sue, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Sara Sue

Sara Sue Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2013
    Hi, I'm Sara. I just joined BYC and am hoping to learn lots of new info about them. I just started raising poultry this spring and am completely addicted to my birds. I also got some ducklings this summer too and am enjoying them as well. My flock is of mixed breeds, but my favorite is a red sex link named Diamond. They have a small coop that they sleep in by night and they range my property (and sometimes the neighbors property) during the day. We are in the planning stages for a large permanent coop for them. My girls not only provide us with their eggs, but they are also pets.

2. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

4. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Have you looked at the designs in the Coops section? There are some lovely coops there to inspire you :)

5. Sara Sue

Sara Sue Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2013
    Thank you all. No, I have not yet looked at the coop design page, but will check it out. thank you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by