New Member!

stjohn711

Hatching
6 Years
Oct 28, 2013
Hello all,

Glad to find this awesome site. This is my first year of farming and I have 5 girls. Below is my homemade Michigan State chicken coop! Go Green!

I have a polish, a golden sex link, i think a delaware, an all white one girl and an australorp. had a frizzle but Ronda became Ronald and starting waking up the neighbors. My australorp is extremely noisy and shy. My Polish is just awful. Constantly flying into the fence and stirring up the others. Other three are perfect. My golden sex link has an amazing personality.

Excited for new tips and share what I learn along the way! Looking for a few more girls for the spring that are different then what I have now!

Hi and :welcome

Your flock sounds very interesting - we have gold sex links and the hens are lovely as well! They love to fly onto my lap. :p
Good job on making that coop yourself!

Hello and welcome.
welcome-byc.gif

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us! That's a lovely coop and run.

welcome-byc.gif
very nice coop, the run needs to have 1/2" hardware cloth. Chicken wire only keeps chickens IN, it does nothing to keep predators OUT.

If you cut back the crest on your polish, you will be amazed at the personality change. Polish and Silkies have their visions obscured by big crests to please the breeders-buyers. They are nothing but a nuisance to the poor birds themselves. They are easy pickings for predators etc., just because they can't see well enough to escape.

Back
Top Bottom