S1ilkieGirl99

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 18, 2014
Hi all, I have just created a new account on BYC - and I am sooo excited! I have had chickens for about 6 years now, but I have only just got serious about breeding and showing my birds. Although I only have a small number of chickens, I am very keen on involving myself further in what has become quite a hobby, and I feel like creating accounts on organisations such as this is the perfect way to do so! I currently have 11 chickens (8 silkies, 1 Orpington buff and two newly born seramas.) If all goes well I hope to breed and show my seramas as well as the silkies. I am a member of the silkie club, the kent club and the ashdown forest club. I would love it if you guys replied to me - especially if you own silkies or seramas. thank you so much for reading - it is very much appreciated. I hope to share and gain lots of information and news throughout the near future!
thanks again :)

images

Welcome to BYC!

I don't own Silkies or Seramas, but they do look like nice breeds to keep! Kelsie has given you a couple of good links to follow. Good luck with all your poultry adventures and welcome to our flock!

Last edited:
Hello & Welcome! Breeding & showing sounds like a lot of fun! I've always wanted silkies!! We are new to raising chickens & are just starting w/ our very first set of Buff Orpington chicks now.

Depending on which type you have there is also a thread for AMERICAN SERAMAS, which don't have the exaggerated type the Malaysian breed does. Just put " American Seramas" in the search box.

Possibly Froggiesheins (user name) will be along shortly and can set you straight.

My friend has two silkies and 2 seramas as housepets.

Last edited:
hello everyone! thank you so much for welcoming me! so far I'm really enjoying byc! I have already learnt so much and helped a few people myself! I am also enjoying my chickens - well I always have enjoyed them! hope to speak to all of you in the future and see pictures of your chickens etc. thanks again!
thumbsup.gif

Hello
frow.gif
and Welcome To BYC! Sounds like you have a nice flock, you might like to check out the breed threads, this is a really long Silkie one https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/297632/silkie-thread and the main Serama one https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/99179/malaysian-serama-thread-pics good luck with your birds!
thank you so much for giving me these useful links, they are really useful, and it was very kind of you! I hope to hear more from you in the future!
thumbsup.gif
bow.gif

images

Welcome to BYC!

I don't own Silkies or Seramas, but they do look like nice breeds to keep! Kelsie has given you a couple of good links to follow. Good luck with all your poultry adventures and welcome to our flock!
yes they are wonderful breeds! so funny to watch - especially the silkies! thank you, the links were very useful, you are right! thanks for the welcome as well!
thumbsup.gif

Depending on which type you have there is also a thread for AMERICAN SERAMAS, which don't have the exaggerated type the Malaysian breed does. Just put " American Seramas" in the search box.

Possibly Froggiesheins (user name) will be along shortly and can set you straight.

My friend has two silkies and 2 seramas as housepets.
hi, thank you for the information! I actually have no idea what kind of seramas I have, a guy I met at a poultry show gave me a few of eggs that I hatched. I know they are from Sumatra, but that's all! oh well I guess i will find out one day haha! thanks for the help!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom