Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by momofgr8kidz, Oct 25, 2014.

1. momofgr8kidz

momofgr8kidz New Egg

Oct 25, 2014
    Hello everyone,
    Help! I currently have chicken fever! I have been researching, dreaming and talking chickens so much, I think I'm driving my family crazy. I'm eager to glean as much information as possible before I dive in. I think I may have found the right forum for my new dream... backyard chickens. I'm not too sure what you'd like me to share as a new member. I live in North Alabama and will primarily raise for eggs plus the garden benefits.
    Thanks in advance!

2. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] We all had a dream before making it reality.

You should explore the learning center, there's a lot of great information there. The first challenge, I think, is commitment. Read all you can, question, and digest information. Ask questions. You will need your family to be interested, would be difficult to do without that. And then plan.

good luck.

3. DesertChickens1

DesertChickens1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2014
    Marana, Arizona
    welcome to byc!!! Glad to see you're following your dream and getting into a wonderful world of chickens!!! Good luck in your adventures!

4. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

Feel free to ask lots of questions! We're all here to help. [​IMG]

5. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

You have come to the right place for all the fun and learning! Have you stopped by our learning center yet? Lots of good articles on getting started and raising your flock proper....https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

If you still have any questions, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

6. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
  7. YellowLegs

YellowLegs Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2014
    Coast of North Carolina
    Welcome to BYC! I hope that your dream comes true one day. I have always been wanting to own my own chickens, but not right now for me. Everyone one here is super nice and friendly and they will help you with any questions you may have! [​IMG]

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard Chickens- some families turn out better when you drive them crazy. My family was crazy to begin with - even then they all pointed fingers as me at the culprit. Don't worry about what they think.

You have entered the land of Chickens, and people who want to talk and listen about them. We will never tell you, to stop getting more. Remember we've got your back.

9. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC![​IMG] We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

10. ChristinaH

ChristinaH New Egg

Mar 21, 2014
    I'm having problems finding how to post a new topic. I only have internet on my phone. Any help is appreciated. I have questions regarding quails

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by