mimisbabies

Hatching
5 Years
Dec 12, 2014
Hello everyone. Just hatched 5 baby chicks. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. They seem to be eating and drinking good. In a brooder in my room of all places. Lol. Like I said..Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. I would suggest keeping your chicks in the brooder until they are well feathered out, and make sure that provide the grit they need for proper digestion. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What kind of chicks did you hatch?

Put some clean marbles or glass pebbles in their water dish so they don't accidentally fall forward and drown - chicks do that honestly. Make sure all of them are eating and drinking and keep an eye out for pasty butt. Welcome to BYC

Welcome to BYC and the flock.
1f632.png

It sounds like your adventure is just beginning! Chicks are so much fun. What breed are they? Just keep them warm, draft free, with lots of fresh water and food. Check for pasting, it's a buildup of lose droppings on or around the vent. If that's the case, wipe with damp paper towel and gently pat dry. Put an application of vasoline to keep from happening again. Good luck with them!
1f609.png

frow.gif
My advice is to start building a predator proof coop. Have fun with them!

Back
Top Bottom