New Member :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Cutepal, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Hello poultry farmers & all who love chickens, the creators of this site told me it would be a good idea to introduce myself, so I did. First of all, I have 4 lovely chickens, Glasha, Peeps, Feathers, & Friend. They're all my beautiful hens who lay us at least 1 egg or more a day, and it is hard work to keep them, but I love them a lot. I don't have anymore hens or a rooster due to the law, telling us we cannot have more hens, no roosters either. I live in the city, but I still act like a poultry farmer in front of my lovely chickens. :)
    I will be learning about chickens here, asking questions, and discovering the magic of this site and I highly hope that I will have tons of fun. Most people I know hate chickens, and would love to see them get beheaded because of the way they run, but that breaks my heart. Chickens touch my heart, and I don't want to watch them die. But at least there are people who understand how wonderful chickens are in this site!

2. collingwood

collingwood Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC! We're here to help and feel free to ask questions there are thousands of chicken experts that will help you whenever you ask!

3. I bet there are :)

4. collingwood

There are so many members! I think everything there is to know about chickens will be on this sight!

5. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. I'm sorry your local ordinances don't allow chickens and hope that some day soon things will change so that you can get some chickens. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

6. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome - at least you get to have four hens - a lot of folks can't have any unless they sneak them in and hope the neighbors don't report them. There is also a house chicken movement, especially with the very small bantams. They can be in a large parrot cage - if people come to look. Some look like exotic parrots - sooooo. The thread is "people with house chickens." My friend has 5 in her home - 2 seramas 3 silkies. Hope you enjoy BYC as much as we do.

BYC has over 300,000 members world wide - so there are plenty of chicken lovers out there - I think the way chickens run is very cute & funny. I don't run very well myself.[​IMG]

8. collingwood

Wow drumstick! New avatar!

9. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member Project Manager

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us. At least you are allowed 4 chickens, there are still a great number of localities that won't allow any. I think it is absurd, a small flock of 6-8 are less obtrusive on a neighborhood than dogs….and most don't limit the number of those!

People who don't like chickens are generally very grumpy unhappy folks. After raising my small flock and enjoying their daily antics and expression of personality, I cannot imagine life without them.

10. ChickyChickens

ChickyChickens Chickening Around

May 24, 2014
    BYC? Epic <3
    My Coop
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

[​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by