Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by pencilprincess, Mar 3, 2015.

1. pencilprincess

pencilprincess New Egg

Feb 19, 2015
    Bedford County, Pa.
    Hello, I recently ran across BYC while looking on the internet for breeds. I grew up living next door to my grand mother who raised Plymouth Rock, about 100 of them. Her chickens and the money she collected selling eggs and fresh chicken meat was her main income. Where ever grand ma, I was there also. After leaving home there was not time or a place to raise chickens. A yr or so ago my niece began raising some chickens, just for fun and now has me getting involved also.

I have a small coop and I am hoping to get my husband to build me a bigger coop so I can get more chickens. I have 6 hens and one rooster, Dexter. We also have guineas that I am not too wild about. I also have 2 quarter horses that I love.

I look forward to chatting with other "chicken" people and learning new chicken raising techniques.

2. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] I'm glad you joined our community!

3. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]I'm glad you joined our community.

What breeds do you have? Good luck with them.[​IMG]

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We'll be happy to help in any way we can!

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us!

5. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

6. mymilliefleur

mymilliefleur Keeper of the Flock

Nov 4, 2014
    East Tennessee.
    Hello and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]
    We're glad you decided to join the ''flock''. Feel free to ask any questions you may have, there is a lot of great info on this site and I'm sure you'll find answers! [​IMG] Enjoy your flock!

7. N F C

N F C eggnog time! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Welcome to BYC! Nice to have you here.

If you haven't already found it, BYC has a section for other pets and livestock (I'm sure there are other horse-lovers out there). Here's a link to get you there if you want to check it out:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/22/other-pets-livestock

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to BYC, there are many horse people scattered among the various threads, with race horses, jumpers, percherons etc. There was a very interesting Arabian thread that may still be viable.

9. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. Are your six chickens Plymouth Rocks like your grandmother's, or do you have other breeds? Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by