1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Benny8, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Benny8

Benny8 New Egg

Apr 2, 2015
    Hello, My name is Aaron from NH. The family picked up six pullets from our local tractor supply two weeks ago. After some research on this site, it looks like we have 6 NH Reds. They have grown so fast in the first two weeks. They respond to our voice, and when we take the cage off the box they like to fly up on the rim of the box to see us. They are turning from their yellow furballs into their reddish color feathers. We are looking forward to some fresh eggs. Look forward to meeting new people and learning more about our new arrivals.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Twistedfeather

Twistedfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    Oregon
    Hi welcome to BYC! I hope you have fun with your new chicks! That's kind of ironic that they are New Hampshires when that's where you live. If you have any questions feel free to ask and if you want to check out the review section to see reviews on breeds and products from other people and the learning center with articles you never know what you will learn.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens. I can see you've been doing your homework -you raised the water, so hopefully it will keep savings and other stuff out of it. You have some lovely chicks - I know you will have lots of fun(and eventually) with them.

4. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us.

Congrats on your new flock.

They are all such cuties.

5. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hello and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Your new little chicks are cute! Good for you on keeping a lid on top of their brooder, it's safer for the chicks that way.

Nice to have you here!

6. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your NH chicks.

7. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Hello [​IMG]and Welcome to BYC!

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

9. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Hello Aaron, and welcome to BYC![​IMG]

Glad you could join our community! Congratulations on your new chicks. Thanks for sharing those photos of them. The New Hampshire is a nice breed with a good reputation for gentleness and excellent egg production.

Good luck with your flock! If you have any questions, just ask, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can.[​IMG]

10. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hello, Aaron, and welcome to BYC. I'm not 100% on this, but I think that your chicks are red sex links.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by