New Members Introduction Forum

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by drumstick diva, Sep 10, 2016.

1. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Is it possible to have old, old , "new member responses" put in an archive area.? It seems that many new members instantly search for others from the same city or state as themselves. In doing so they unearth OLD posts, that have long been abandoned or forgotten. This makes it very difficult to find and address actual NEW member concerns.

This is a pressing problem in the "What Breed or Gender is this," forum as well - which I have addressed in a separate post.

Rob, our Esteemed Leader, what are your thoughts on this?

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    :frow

I have just taken a look and there is nothing too old on the first page, a couple of days that's all. As you are a platinum poultry member drumstick you can change the number of posts per page that you see. For example at 30 posts per page rather than 10 you get all the new ones on that first page.
    You can change your number of posts by doing this ~

> Your profile
    > Edit account details
    > Posts per page (change to 30)
    > Save

3. drumstick diva

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you Kim. That did make some difference. NOW if you could get back the regular page editor(think it's called) so I have my smilies and stuff that were just click on to use. And if I could see videos again. I only can see ones from youtube.

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Maybe your computer is throwing a bit of a wobbly, DD. I have all the usual stuff [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Are you on desktop version of the site?

5. drumstick diva

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank goodness I got my stuff back [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]just now. Even if I can't see videos, my smilies have brought sunshine back into my life [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Good news, DD!

7. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop

You are most welcome Nancy :D You maybe need a newer browser to watch videos. It really does make a world of difference. Check out this thread ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...byc-website-troubleshooting-tech-support/0_30
    There are links in there for the most up to date browsers :highfive:

8. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Great discussion!

Kim makes some great points (as always), and I don't know if there is a way that we can auto-archive older threads with this system, but we'll add it to the "list of suggestions". :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by