1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New members

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Wingers, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Wingers

Wingers New Egg

Apr 22, 2007
    Hi all,

We just bought our first chickens today and are very excited about our new venture. We've been reading the posts and they're very informative. Look forward to chatting with you all soon.

Regards
    Adam & Erica
    [​IMG]

2. Sherry

Sherry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    Welcome. What kind did you get and how many? We do love details.[​IMG]

3. CashmereSussex

CashmereSussex Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    i would like to no to [​IMG]

4. Wingers

Wingers New Egg

Apr 22, 2007
    We got 2 white leghorns and 2 bantams. One of the bantams is a rooster. They are just at point of lay now.

5. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Welcome to the madness! So...you just got 4 hu?? [​IMG] When I started last year, I told my hubby..." I only want about 6 or 7 for eggs? Today I am at 40...with 27 eggs in an incubator, and my Frizzle hen is setting on between 8 and 12 eggs. [​IMG] Yeah.....its a chicken thang. Very addicting. Have fun with your...and we love pics!! Oh, and let us know when you get more!!! [​IMG]

6. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Welcome Wingers [​IMG] I got my first four grown hens and one rooster less than three weeks ago and now have twenty chicks and two guineas, Now I have two ducklings coming today! It is addictive. Can't wait to see your pictures!

7. peacebird

peacebird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Virginia
    I still only have my rooster... Poor lonely boy, the ladies were due two weeks ago but something bad must have happened because now the Mill says they will be available in May.....

8. ozark hen

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    oooooh, so sorry Peacebird. But May will be here soon and the weather will be warm for your new additions. Good luck.

9. ozark hen

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    How funny, T.J. my husband reacts the same way. I can't tell you how he cracked up when he discovered I had found a chicken forum. [​IMG] his words, "what is there to know about chickens?" Boy, did he get an earful. [​IMG] Let's just say I have been educating him with everything I am learning from this wonderful site.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
  10. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Welcome!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by