New mom to three wattled babies

nopeach

Hatching
Jan 18, 2016
Hi all!

I had a few chickens years ago, but they all got killed one after the other. One by a dog, one by a hawk, and one got her head bit off. It was missing, there was hardly any gap in the coop, and until today I don't know what did it. I sold the last one and thought I was done.

But I hate spending $7 for a dozen of organic eggs, so over 5 years later I started over.

Built a nice coop and now I have three chickens that will start laying in spring. One is red, not sure if it is a Rhode Island red or a red sex link. Her name is Trudie. One is black. I called her Oprah. Not sure what she is. And the baby is Lacy. She is an Easter Egger.
If anybody know the breed of the red and the black one, please let me know. I have more pictures if that is needed to identify.

Thanks.

Marion

welcome-byc.gif

It looks to me as if Trudie is a Rhode Island Red or production red and Oprah is a Black Australorp. I hope your coop is fully secure now so you don't have further predator problems. That's a terrible way to lose a bird.

Good luck to you, thanks for joining us!

Hi and welcome to our community. All the best with raising chickens the second time around.

All the best
Ct

Back
Top Bottom