New momma of rescued baby chick

mommachickof1

Hatching
Jul 5, 2016
I have found a chick wondering alone and decided to take the baby in. It's been almost a week now and he or she is my first encounter with a chick. I have been reading all that I can on them and am trying the best I know to provide for the baby! I have bought a brooder box it's a large tote and have put down pine shavings purchased from tractor supply. Bought a feeder with chick starter and a waterer also. I've made a few little "homey" touches to try and keep my baby entertained which include a hanging cd (so baby can look into) a perching ladder made of sticks, toilet paper roll, a rock baby can jump on, tiny stuffed animal and 1 small blanket that I have noticed baby likes to sleep on. Also have a heating lamp to keep baby warm. I'm just looking for advice to keep going with raising him/her and would appreciate any that is given! I live in a large apartment but take the chick out every so often to graze and today chicky caught its first ants and loved them! Is there any signs of sadness I should look for? Am I doing a good job? Has anyone kept a chick indoors and had success? Please let me know thank you. Chick is about 3-4 weeks old now. Thank you!
[/IMG]

He or she doesn't look sad. For food I would give it layers pelets but crushed. Ang signs of sadness are: not being itself. Hiding . not eating and forever sleeping. I am not saying it has worms but just to keep it healthy you might wanna give it a piece of garlic now and then. If you're worryed about worms, I mean internal worms, you can buy worm medicine online.

Back
Top Bottom