New Mommy Again:)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by freedomrayn, Dec 4, 2012.

1. freedomrayn

freedomrayn Out Of The Brooder

Dec 4, 2012
    Years ago I had a Buff Orpington ( mostly indoor) that was litter box trained (mostly), could fetch, lay down, roll over, and knew her name. She was the best dog I ever had. She layed up to three eggs a day, everyday, and was my best friend. I would open the door to the convertible, she would jump in, sit on the passengers seat, and we would ride around town together.

I decided to put her outside for a few nights during the summer after hearing people say that "she is a chicken and should be given the chance to act like one". One day during the forst week, I went outside and didn;t see her in the pen. I figured that my roommate must have let her out, so I called her name. She didn't come and there on the other sicde of the house, I found her headless. Apparently a critter dug her out of her pen and my sweet girl was no longer.

Finally, years later, I placed an order. I spent the morning pacing around the house like an expectant father in labor and delivery. At 11am my beautiful sweet babaies arrived. I couldn't be happier to be a Momma again:-D

2. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG] from California!

3. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

4. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

5. freedomrayn

freedomrayn Out Of The Brooder

Dec 4, 2012
    California! That's where I had my baby (Orpington), now we are in NY:)

6. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us. Congrats on your return to chickens [​IMG]

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and [​IMG]! Great to have you here! Best of luck with your new arrivals!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by