New Mommy Blues,... Ducks and Chickens rule this roost!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by theadopter, Jan 13, 2013.

1. theadopter

theadopter Out Of The Brooder

Dec 28, 2012
    I am new to this site and a new mommy to 16 chickens (5 days old) and 2 Magpie ducks( 22 days old) I have tried to figure out how to post questions but have not been successful! I am sure it's stupidly simple but I'm COMPUTER CLUELESS!

My ducks are finally doing great but 1 of my new chicks( a rooster) seems to have a hernia... he(Rocky) has only had the few cc's that I have been able to coax him to drink through a dropper and his poo is almost like the yolk of a boiled egg, only drier! ...and I have had to wipe his opening 3-4 times a day since they arrived on Friday. Rocky finally started nibbling on his medicated starter feed this afternoon! I still worry and would like to do as much as I can to help him survive! He appears to still have his umbilical cord which leads me to believe that he was a forced delivery or just a very malnutritioned runt. I'm sure that I can help him if I have all the information I can get! If you can, forward this or post or help me figure out how to post so Rocky has a fighting chance. Thanks! :)

Update: A 24 hrs after writing this my little Rocky passed. I burried him next to my furry baby of 15 yrs.

I am sure that there was nothing more I could have done but I know I'll have more questions in the future! Still haven't figured out how to post pic so feel free to offer any help! Thanks

2. jtallant

jtallant Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2012
    OK
    Try looking here for help uploading pics: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/inserting-pics-in-on-the-new-byc

So sorry you lost a baby--I know it's hard [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by