1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New mommy from SouthCentral PA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ChickieMommaInPA, Apr 29, 2009.

1. ChickieMommaInPA

ChickieMommaInPA New Egg

Apr 29, 2009
    (1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
    (2) How many chickens do you have right now?
    (3) What breeds do you have?

Am I new to chickens? Well does ones first experiences with chickens include things like ... being chased into a charged electric fence by a Bany Rooster ... or ... ones first time holding a baby chick only to discover that they are all soft and cuddly - they have an ucky side too, count as being new? Well then yes I guess you'd say I'm new. I've always been one of those animal lovers that worshiped from afar. The experience with the Bany did have something to do with that I suppose as I was only about 3 or 4 when it happened. LOL.

My husband and I just got our first 4 chickens this past Saturday. What a sweet little mixed group. There is a Buff that I swear that I just wanna pick up and cuddle. She is such a sweetie, less than a week and I'm feeling motherly - am I losing my mind. LOL I don't think so. There is a fiesty one that I think my hubby said was a Rock, and the other 2 although different I didn't get the breed name but will check with the friend who I got the chickens from to find out. I mean after all how can you be a good momma and not know what kinds of kids you have....

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

The friend who gave me the chickens also gave me the website. She said you all were really helpful and kind.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I like wilderness camping, canoeing, nature walks, cooking, and reading.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I'm a married mom of 4. All but one grown and left the nest. The last one graduates this June and is planning on leaving the nest soon after. I'm not looking forward to the empty nest syndrome so have started filling my coop with other babies - 2 dogs, both male pitbulls who think they are big babies. 2 cats, both female, and now the 4 hens.

2. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Welcome to BYC and the chickenworld [​IMG]

Those sweet lil buff babies just beg to be cuddled! I have one of those too and would carry her around all the time if I could lol.

3. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Enjoy your time in here! Lots of information!
    [​IMG]

5. duck&chickencrazy

duck&chickencrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2008
    Indiana
    Hello Nice to see you here on BYC and [​IMG] from indiana

6. wingnut1

wingnut1 Crazy Bird Lady

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. hikerchick

hikerchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Dover, PA
    Hello from York County PA.

8. Chicken Woman

Chicken Woman Incredible Egg

Oct 16, 2008
    Montana
    [​IMG] From Montana

9. trilyn

trilyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    East Syracuse
    [​IMG] from NY!

10. ChickyLaura

ChickyLaura The Crazy Chicken Lady

Mar 31, 2009
    Eastern/Central PA
    [​IMG] from southern Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by