New mommy....

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Shiyanne, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Shiyanne

Shiyanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2017
    Florida
    Hi, my name is shiyanne. I live in florida, and i have no clue what to write lol...

I adore critters.. Of ALL kinds. I have 4 pitbulls, 6 cats, 8 chickens, 2 roos and 6 baby ducks... And a husband ready to pull out his hair.

Im new to the farm thing and trying to start out slow, yea right, thats not working lol. We just moved into a place that badly needs remodeled with 5 acres. The first 2 weekends hubby tore up floors and bathtubs.. Then i decided hey wow chickens are cool... He grudgingly stopped all work on bathroom to build me a awesome 20x10 chicken run with a 10x5 coop attached. Oh wait, the dogs need new kennels.. Once again he stopped work to build me dog runs. Plus he works 10 hour days mon thru thurs.. Then, im at rural kind and lo and behold... Little ducks, awww i want one... Ok 2 minimum, so ill get 2.. Thats not bad right? Lots of time to build a duck run... Yea umm oops did the research and each male, um drake needs 3 to 4 females so he dont.. Nevermind you all know. Soooo oh hunny?? I have to go to rural king... And i forgot to tell you, the ducks grow fast so we need to build that duck paradise.. So whats he do? Yup yup stops work on my master bedroom floors to start a design for a duck oasis, complete with coop, pool and cool duck things... You get the jest of this all now right?

Sooo heres the picture recap.. House half done, open floors and gutted bathroom, tools and equipment everywhere.. But geez my chicken run and dog kennels look good... Oh yea and the materials for my bedroom?? They look awesome in the coop...

Anyways, im so glad i found this site. People have been so helpful already. And the coop and pool thread was very well received by my not to happy hubby ;) i guess thats all for now.. Ill post pics later..

Thanks again..

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  2. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

[​IMG]
    There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around the run. :frow

1 person likes this.
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] Please cut your hubby some slack, he's going to work himself to death.

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us. You do realise that hubby has built himself some serious brownie points, don't you? At least the poor guy will be able to live off them for the next decade! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hi Shiyanne, it's nice to have you here!

Be sure to drop by the FL state thread, lots of friendly, helpful members there. Here's a link for it: post #1

Enjoy your growing farm!

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Howdy from Kansas, Shiyanne, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community!

7. Shiyanne

Jan 22, 2017
    Florida

I have, thank you

8. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Shiyanne [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

9. TheKindaFarmGal

TheKindaFarmGal Overrun With Chickens

May 4, 2016
    Somewhere in the Universe
    Welcome to BYC, Shiyanne!

I think you very patient hubby needs a break! [​IMG]

Glad you joined us.

10. Shiyanne

Jan 22, 2017
    Florida
    Yea i know, heres his handy work with just scrapes of wood and such..

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by