New Moon on November 20th ~

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by FancyFeet, Oct 28, 2009.

1. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Out Of The Brooder

Jul 30, 2009
    Well, My teen DD is very very happy ~ I made a stop my the movie theater earlier today and purchased a couple of tickets for the midnight showing of New Moon on November 20th... I swear ~ that entire Saga was the only set of very long books that actually got her to sit down and read and read and read ~ without complaining! Amazing!

I have to say that I too got engrossed by the books and finished all 4 in less than a week.... [​IMG]

2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    I'm right there with you, I really enjoyed the books and I am not a teenager. [​IMG]

3. Chickenhatcher89

Chickenhatcher89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Lawrenceburg, TN
    [​IMG] Can't wait for the movie!

4. FancyFeet

Jul 30, 2009
    [​IMG]

Our AMC theater is having a 9 PM showing of Twilight (at half price of normal tickets) and the more I think about it ~ I am probably going to get tickets to that also ~ cuz when it ends we will already have the seats that we want for the Midnight show of New Moon ~
    [​IMG]

I am a nerd ~ I know ~ but the theater has stadium seating ~ and my favorite seats are the "loveseat" seats located right above the stairways ~ That way I am not sitting on top of the screen and I am not being smothered by the tons of people that are sure to be there that night ~ [​IMG]

Now we just have to wait the 3 weeks til the movie [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Can't wait!! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I am so excited. I read all the books and am awaiting the next book!

6. Freckle Face Farm

Freckle Face Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida
    My DD loves it she has been waiting for it to come out...She is stationed in Japan and is waiting for it.. [​IMG]

7. aussieheelr

aussieheelr Chillin' With My Peeps

I hate to read... that being said I was talked into reading the first book and finished it in a week! I'm now into Eclipse and can't stop.
    Can't say I like the acting but that did't stop me from watching Twilight enough to have it memorized in less than two weeks.

8. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Quote:Me too!

9. FancyFeet

Jul 30, 2009
    Quote:I know what you mean about the acting ~ that being said ~ I went in to see Twilight
    expecting to be disappointed... It is the same with all books that I have ever read ~ that were made into movies ~ when the director/screen writers take their artistic liberties ~ you loose some of the impact that the books have....

But ~ I love Twilight even with the differences.... [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  10. MomtoSyd&Emma

MomtoSyd&Emma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2009
    Southern VA
    I have read all 4 books 4 times! I have seen the movie about a dozen times, and I had planned on being at the midnight showing BUT I am having surgery on the 16th and I cant take a chance on someone bumping my leg at the theatre and I dont think they would let me sit in 2 or 3 seats to prop my leg (I dont want to use a wheel chair) Soooo we will be waiting to see it! Sighhhh, my niece was taking herself, my 8 yr old dd, my sister and herself. Dang surgery (I have put my surgery off for as long as I can)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by