New Mother Hen

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by oneofseven, Jul 31, 2011.

1. oneofseven

oneofseven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2011
    Augusta, Ga
    Woo-hoo, my first of five hens (Black sexlink) just laid her first 2 eggs. Boy, was she proud. Bauk-bauk here, bauk-bauk there for 2 minutes straight. About an hour later she laid another. They are kind of small, but I expect they will get bigger.

2. KBUGS

KBUGS Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2011
    NC
    How old is she? My BSL started laying a week ago and I know that my EE were 20 weeks, so she has to be only 17 at the most. SURPRISED me! Anyways, I love her to pieces. She is the sweetest thing I have.
    [​IMG]

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Two in a row! Wow! She must have been backed-up!

4. oneofseven

Mar 27, 2011
    Augusta, Ga
    she is about 20-21 weeks. At first I did not notice. I heard the squawking and then I saw her come out from behind the fan/ cooling system I have. I checked and behold - breakfast for a hobbit. I took the egg and placed in my nice nesting box. After some coaxing, she moved the egg under her and laid another. Bada-bing, bada-boom. I am a proud father of twins.

5. kaybats

kaybats Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Holy Cow! TWO?!?

Congratulations!

6. oneofseven

Mar 27, 2011
    Augusta, Ga
    Thanks. I was suprised too.

7. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Congratulations on you two eggs!!! [​IMG]

I always heard that a chicken needed 24 hours between each egg? [​IMG] You are pretty lucky to get 2 eggs in a row! One of my hens haven't laid in two days straight! I assume it is due to the heat. She is a new layer (22 weeks).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by