New Mother of 10 chicks!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by sellersgang, Sep 12, 2008.

1. sellersgang

sellersgang Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2008
    Cleveland, MS
    WOW.. thats about all I can say right now as I sit and watch 10 brand new Ameraucana chicks that arrived today from Ideal!!! This is our very first time to try to raise baby chicks and of course I think "my" babies are BEAUTIFUL!!!

Its amazing to sit here and watch them (I have them at work right now... hehe) run around, try to walk and believe it or not try to fly.

This is a wonderful and hilarious experience for me so far. Pray I make it.. and them too [​IMG]

I will post pics just as soon as I get home to the camera.

You all here on this forum dont know it, but you have all taught me so much and I thank you... keep up the good work!

2. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    congratulations. they will be fun and entertaining.
    they are good flyers, so keep something on the brooder.

Dear Lord, bless these little chicks and their owner. Give her the wisdom and guidance to raise her little flock properly and without nervousness. Give her the strength to get through the process with joy! Thank You for giving us charge over the animals! In Your name, Amen!

enjoy and God bless!

3. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Aww! I can't wait to see pics of your babies! Easter Eggers from Ideal are my favorite! They have such a variety of color and the personality of their birds are superb! [​IMG] Enjoy them when they are this small because in just a couple of days you will not believe how much they already have grown! [​IMG]

4. sellersgang

Aug 21, 2008
    Cleveland, MS
    But .. but.. but.... I dont want them to grow up now! lol

5. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    well, you'll have to put little bricks on their heads, and then they'll stay little![​IMG]

they just get cuter those EE's!

this little girl is 4 weeks...

[​IMG]

6. skyfires

skyfires Trying to hide

Jul 19, 2008
    The Ozarks of Arkansas
    Sellers,,,,,I'm sorry,,,,they will grow up,,,,but its ok,,,your going to love all the stages they go through. Then think of the eggs,, all those colorful tastie eggs,,,, Congrats,,,have fun,,,and keep us posted,,,,watchin out for your pics now,,,I have EE's too,,, [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Here is one of mine - 3 weeks tomorrow:

[​IMG]

8. sellersgang

Aug 21, 2008
    Cleveland, MS
    And here are the lil darlings.. yes.. there is one buff rock roo that belongs to brother-in-law.. lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    awww...love the little chipmunkies! so sweet!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by