New Mummy

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Suzie, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Suzie

Suzie Overrun With Chickens

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    First litter of 7 puppies for Solo (our long coated GSD male ) and Brindille ( short coated female) - pictures taken at 2 days old!

Suzie

[​IMG]

2. dainerra

dainerra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    is Solo a true Long Coat? Or a long stock coat? I've always wanted to see a "long coat"
    Enjoy them while they are tiny and cute!

3. Suzie

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    [​IMG]

4. Suzie

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    Oops - forgot to add text - this is Solo - my genuine long coat.... I am sure that some will be long coated.....!!!

Suzie

5. dainerra

dainerra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    does he have an undercoat? If so, then he is like my dog, a long stock coat. A "true" long coat doesn't have the thick undercoat that other shepherds have. They are pretty rare though. I only know 2 people that have seen one.

6. Suzie

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    No he has no undercoat - strangely enough both of my previous GSD's had an undercoat - they are all English bred and I agree that normally they have two coats - Solo is a "one off" and maybe his name in some way reflects that he is (for want of a better word) unusual.

I am hoping for some good puppies - Solo is very tall and lithe - he has boundless energy and is gentle - Brindille is French and quite diminutive - she was gifted to us as the previous owner did not want her - she is an excellent guardian for my horses and donkeys during the day and she returns home in the evenings for food, drink and her bed! Solo however is verbal whenever somebody arrives at our house, he loves attention and play with whoever arrives here - he is intrigued with the puppies but Brindille will not allow him access to them yet!

All of the puppies are so far of equal size - they are now four days old and getting verbal!!! I can't wait until their eyes open and their characters begin to form! I will post more pics as they develop.

Suzie

7. Suzie

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    Puppy pictures.....[​IMG]

8. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

More! More! I can't stand them they're so cute. I love your long coated male.

9. Snowygirl

Snowygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Mirkwood
    Awwwww......more pics!! [​IMG]

10. Suzie

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    O.K. Here goes - more pics of the puppies -[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] enjoy!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by