New Muscovy ducklings- what colors? Lots of Pics!

bossynbella

Songster
12 Years
Aug 11, 2007
Iowa
So this is our muscovy Wendy's second hatch of ducklings. The first hatch she had 7, three silver, three blue and one black. The dad is a Blue Muscovy drake.
This time she hatched ten, and I see two silvers, two blues, one black, one black pied, one that looks chocolate (but has a ring of white around its neck) and some other colors I am not sure about. Especially the white one with just a bit of "grey" on its back, its to light for the blue, but to dark for the silver. My husband thinks that our Anacona drake mated with her, or our Rouen drake. I really really hope this is not the case, I never saw it happen, but I suppose anything is possible. Big Boy (the muscovy drake) is usually very protective of our two hens and doesn't let the other ducks near them. But I suppose where there is a will there is a way. So I included pictures of her and the babies. I also included some of the older ducklings (11 weeks old) in the hopes someone can tell me if they are boys or girls, if I don't get any replies on that though I will just start their own thread. They are bigger then Little Miss our other muscovy hen, and I still can't tell the difference between the boys and girls, I hope this isn't because they are all boys!

Anyway, hopefully you will tell me my ducklings look like muscovy's and not Mule ducks. Also hopefully you will be able to tell me the colors, and if the older ones are all boys or not.

Wendyand2ndhatchducklings4.jpg

Wendyand2ndhatchducklings3.jpg

Wendyand2ndhatchducklings2.jpg

Wendyand2ndhatchducklings1.jpg

Wendyand2ndhatchducklings.jpg

Here is the first litter when they where babies, the light ones are silver, the very dark one is the black, and the others are blue
wendyandducklings-1.jpg

11weeks old
muscovyducklings11wks4.jpg

Muscovyducklings11wks3.jpg

muscovyducklings11wks2.jpg

muscovyducklings11weeks.jpg

This is from when they where about 6 weeks old I think. Just cause its a cute pic I threw it in.
muscovyducklings3.jpg

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom