New Muscovy ducks today!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Caprice_Acres, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Caprice_Acres

Caprice_Acres Songster

Jun 28, 2010
    Michigan
    I went and bought more 'scovies today... just what I need.

BUT, in my defense, they're gorgeous. They're ALL pied Barreds. I believe there's a chocolate barred hen, a blue (or blue fawn) drake, a blue fawn hen, and what looks to be a fawn? hen. Any help positively ID'ing color would be great. I'm pretty sure with the blue drake. But I know there is something called a 'dark barred', so I'm not sure if the chocolate is one of those. Also, I don't know if the one hen is a lilac or a blue fawn. I have lilacs now and she's almost the same color I think.

Chocolate barred and blue fawn/lilac? barred hen.
    [​IMG]

fawn barred (Adult) hen and blue/blue fawn? barred drake
    [​IMG]

Fawn adult hen again
    [​IMG]

All 4 of the new colors
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  2. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    [​IMG] sooooo pretty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    Gorgeous ! [​IMG]

4. RAREROO

RAREROO Crowing

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Love those colors, will you be selling any eggs ?

5. Caprice_Acres

Caprice_Acres Songster

Jun 28, 2010
    Michigan
    I may be able to... Normally I can't produce enough ducklings for demand. [​IMG] However, I have a LOT of ducks... hehe. Trouble is, I can rarely tell whose eggs are whose until after the hen starts to set, so I wouldn't be able to guarantee. All of my 'scovies free range together. I do have some YOUNG welsh Harlequins in with the 'scovies but next year when I would offer 'scovy eggs, the trio (or maybe just the drake) would be isolated so not to get any mules.

Aside from these new fellas, I also have whites, color crested (capped), blues, lilac, chocolate, and blacks. Muscovies are addicting. [​IMG]

6. RAREROO

RAREROO Crowing

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:OK Well if you end up haveing any way to see which eggs will be from the Barred birds, or that fawn colored hen, or depending on the price I may be interested in some of all of them if I end up likeing Scovies, if you look for my thread I have a some pics of my first Chocolate pied babies I just got, and if those work out, then I may start looking into new colors but I love those barred ones !!!!

Please PM me if you have any idea what you would charge for eggs and if you have a list or anything, could you please add me to it and contact me when you will have some.

Thanks

7. friskebluegills

friskebluegills Chirping

Jul 17, 2010
    I love your ducks! [​IMG] What color combo are the first ones. Black and white obviously, but anything special. We have muscovies too, but ours are just the usual, along with one white with black dots named pepper [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  8. Caprice_Acres

Caprice_Acres Songster

Jun 28, 2010
    Michigan
    Quote:In the first two pictures? Those aren't black. One is a chocolate barred (top), and the other looks to be a lilac barred.

All of my other stock are pieds - except for a black drake and a chocolate hen that are solid except for 2-3 white feathers on their chest - just GORGEOUS. [​IMG] Those are my first 'solid' muscovies. I am imagining what a solid barred would look like. *drools*

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by